Through this week’s study, I learned three different learning methods, namely behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism.

When we come into contact with new content, we always encounter difficulties in varying degrees. In order to overcome these difficulties, we must make rational use of these three theories. But because of personal differences, we need to find the most suitable learning theory.

Cognitivism is similar to the traditional teaching model. Teachers teach students knowledge, and students provide feedback to teachers and think about themselves. After mastering and skillfully using knowledge, students can use knowledge to further improve their learning.

Behaviorism focuses on the interaction with students. It uses appropriate interests to stimulate students’ interest in learning, which is similar to the conditioned reflex in biology. This theory uses interests to promote students’ enthusiasm, so as to make students have learning motivation.

Constructivism is more dependent on students themselves. Students must use their own experience, cognition, and understanding to construct their own unique learning methods. Compared with the first two theories, constructivism relies more on students’ own initiative.

These three theories are not good or bad, but I want to share my learning experience, which almost includes three theories. Before I went to Canada, I had a sketching course for the first half of the year. The teacher used cognitivism theory when teaching the initial basic skills, that is, directly teaching us how to sketch. In the later course, the teacher just gave us a painting object. We painted according to our previous understanding, and we couldn’t get any help during the period. At the end of each class, the teacher will give various small gifts to the authors of the best works as rewards. I think the combination of the three learning cognitive theories is perfect.